Friday, December 13, 2013

The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug

I went to see the midnight showing of The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug. There were of course deviations from the book, but in all, Peter Jackson once again did a fantastic job, and I'll be the first to admit that I wholly doubted him and was proved mostly - only mostly - wrong. I think it is worth the watch. And a helpful tip, reading the book, trilogy, appendixes make understanding everything that is going on much easier. The actors do a great job in showing their deepest emotions in their acting, but reading the book makes it even better! :D That's all I'll say, because I don't want to spoil it for you, but I will say this: If you think they are going to give us a satisfactory ending to allow us to wait patiently for the next movie, don't hold your breath. Also, if you don't have access to a clock, then there will be several times throughout the movie you might think it is going to end, but it doesn't... it's long. That said, go see it! Have a great time! And read the books!

-Lynsi Keye

No comments: